Monday, October 31, 2005

Whew, another Halloween done....

My husband hates Halloween. Something about organized begging or extortion, I don't get it, but that's his deal. So I skipped Yoga tonite in order to answer the door and hand out candy. And it wasn't bad, truly it wasn't. All appropriately aged children, meaning none of them were taller than me. Some even said thank you. I didn't keep track, but maybe 25% said Trick or Treat and Thank you. I reward the thankful children with extra candy. One child (with his mother) was extremely scary. He had a burlap sack over his head, no eye holes that I could see, (hmmm, maybe this is why he was with his mother, she had to lead him around?) and there was a rope around his neck. It was in very poor taste. Horrible really. The best kid all night was this tiny little boy, 3 or 4 years old perhaps, a short little guy. He was with his Dad and they each had their own umbrella The boy's was Sponge Bob. Anyway, he was dressed like a football player, nothing unusual about that, but he was just so darn cute with his little elfin face and I could tell he was freezing cold in the rain. Simply adorable though. And polite. Those are the children who make it all worthwhile for me. It was a slow night due to the rain so we have pretty much candy left over.......oh darn, I hate it when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:25 AM

    Hey! I'm taller than you are and I had one group of kids who were all taller than I am! I've seen these kids driving around the neighborhood without parents, so they have to be at least 16! We had lots of cute and thankful kids -- my rate was probably close to 85%! Even those big and tall kids said thank you! I must scare them...imagine that...

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)