Monday, December 12, 2005

The Day

I have been talking about this day for months......the day when the shows are over.....now it feels more like the day the music died. Naturally I am happy I will have some free time (of course I have tons of projects stacked up in addition to holiday preparations so I'm not sure how "free" my time will be) but it's kind of sad to think no more shows. Till February at least. Because even though it's a lot of hard work, I have found I truly like the scene. I have met some amazing people this past year, fellow artists, art collectors, art wannabee collectors - good people all around. What a wonderful experience.

And on that note, let's talk about the weekend.

The Independent Art Market was a grand success in my book. Our fearless organizers staged a classy little event. Held in a fabulous gallery space (can you say exposed brick, wood floors, architectural features, ooh la la), the "market" was more upscale boutique which is a good thing in my book. I felt proud to be included. Plus I sold a decent amount of work, woo hoo. Heard some good music from fabulously talented musicians. Drank some wine. Had a chance to get to know some artists I had not met before. Drank some more wine. Caught up with some old friends. And had even more wine. What a life, eh?

Big hugs to my brilliant and beautiful friends John and Darryl who have now earned the #1 stalker spot by coming to both (yes, BOTH) of my shows this weekend. I am just being a snot because of course I LOVE seeing them. They are not only fun and frivolous (ok, maybe that's just John) but can also be slightly outrageous and caustic with their humor and God only knows I appreciate the laughs. They also engage (and even encourage) the Princess in me, not that I need much encouragement, ha! So thanks you guys for hanging this weekend. It means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)