Sunday, January 29, 2006

The end of a crazy (in a good way) week

I'd like to thank the Academy. Oops, sorry, I'm in the wrong dream sequence.

Seriously, I'd like to thank everyone from Chesterfield Arts for hosting a fun and glamorous fundraising event last night. Thanks for all their work bringing the arts to our community. And last but not least,thanks for giving my donated painting, Mother Bird, the first place prize at Art Feast. It was CASH ($500) and financed my bidding for the evening, allowing me to acquire a Paul E piece I was dying for, how cool is that!??! And what a rush to walk in to this fabulous evening and find out I had won a prize oh be still my heart, this is the stuff I DO dream about.

Of course this also meant my art had moved from silent auction to LIVE auction status. Oh my God, I was afraid I was going to barf when they auctioned it off and, as luck would have it, I was really (yes, REALLY) in the bathroom at that time, thankfully not barfing.

http://www.chesterfieldarts.org/index.html So here's the link. You can see past exhibits including "On my Word" which is a show I was in last year. And I expect there will be some photos of Art Feast shortly; there is just a promo photo right now.

2 comments:

  1. Like I said earlier.....too good for your own good. CONGRATS !!!!
    I am SO happy for you and proud to say...." I know her"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 PM

    Congratulations.. how wonderful. Next time stay for the auctioning. It would have to be an awesome high.
    I hope that you are keeping track of ALL of your awards.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)