Monday, July 10, 2006


Whew, Madison is over and we are back home. We took the slow, lazy route which means I got to duck into a few antique stores and pick up treasures. This also means we didn't get home till late which sort of sucks. But we also had a quick visit with our new friends Randy and David. They were our neighbors at Des Moines and they live about an hour out of Madison in Mineral Point. It was great to catch up with them and have a chance to see their absolutely faboo home. Which they designed themselves and Randy has decorated in the most amazingly perfect way. They are hilarious guys and we enjoy their company. Luckily we will also get to see them at Uptown in about a month.

Madison was good. I didn't sell quite as well as last year which was a disappointment, but we were profitable and the weather was exquisite, sunny and warm with little humidity. Plus we saw my friend Beth and her husband John. Check out her blog for a picture. We had a lovely dinner with them on Saturday night which was an amazing treat in and of itself; oh how wonderful to sit down to engaging conversation paired up with good food and wine. Oooh la la. Life is good. Beth is such a doll (she and her husband are one of the most adorable couples I have ever known). Seeing her made me sad that she had moved but I feel lucky I can catch up with her from time to time.

I caught John napping on Sunday. He caught a pesky little cold and was resting in this shot. The show is set up around the Capitol building, a really nice location, everything is so landscaped and pretty. And this was the lawn right behind our amazing shaded (!!!) booth.

Madison is a terrific town. I truly think I could live there. Yeah, I hear the winters are bad, but I even think I could manage that (you can always so south if you are wigging out!). I like the walkability of the town. The diversity. The good restaurants. And all the water, oh how I love the lakes. Just amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great time !!! Glad you are home safe and sound, but it looks like we wore John out...that picture is TOO funny. It's hard for anyone to grasp just how pretty those grounds actually are.....perfect spot on a perfect Wisconsin day for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:34 PM

    A really good friend of mine just moved to Madison. His brother already lives there, so he's visited a lot and loves the place. Can't say enough good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)