Friday, March 09, 2007

The thing about cats is they continue to surprise you. For instance, the other day, Gilligan was sprawled out on his back in the sun. That soft belly fur was begging for a petting. Usually this brings a curmudgeon meow that means, "Mom, I was asleep, leave me alone," as he rolls onto his side. But this time I decided to gently stroke his underarms. I was waiting for his normal response but he just purred deeply and stretched his legs out further - he loved it! I kept massaging under his arm with all my fingers, moving in and out of his fur in various rhythmic patterns. I was stunned by how blissed out he got. I swear he would have let me continue all afternoon.

This morning I tried it with Izzy. Every morning she's like that George Thoroughgood song, "You talk too much." as she tries to get my attention. So I stroked her underarms and Bam! she shut up instantly and started purring.

I am immensely pleased to discover a way to please these 2 cranky older cats. Nothin' better than a household of happy pussies.

1 comment:

  1. Okay... I'm gonna have to try this one! Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)