Thursday, September 13, 2007


Today was a nice day. John and I started by going out for breakfast which was a treat. And I spent time in the studio working on new paintings. I received the go ahead regarding another commission I had quoted so that was nice.
And then late today, Jacoby Arts Center called to advise that my work was accepted for their upcoming abstract show. I sent a CD with about a dozen images 6 weeks ago and have been stalking my mailbox for the last week or so, anxious to hear.
Apparently they are still putting the show together so I don't know how many other artists will be included. I do know they liked my work and requested "more rather than less" since the space is large. Lucky for me that's exactly what I have been working on. That show will open on November 16, stay tuned for details.
But right here and right now, if you happen to be in St. Louis.......I am in a show at Third Floor Gallery and they are participating in the First Friday Gallery Walk tomorrow from 6-10PM. It will be a great night to be out on the town - the weather is divine and there are lots of openings downtown and on Delmar, many associated with Innovations in Textiles 7. You will be able to find me at Art Saint Louis and Third Floor plus possibly RAC and Craft Allliance, depending on how much I can convince our group to jam into one night, tee, hee, hee.
Here are details on the Third Floor Gallery show:
Reality and Soul in Abstract Works

Michael Bolton
Nathan Marshall
Betty Brielmaier
Mary Beth Shaw

Sept 7-Oct 26
Third Floor Gallery on Washington
1214 Washington Avenue (in the Loft District)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the abstract show and have fun this weekend! Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)