Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our anniversary was so nice. We celebrated at a fancy schmancy restaurant called Monarch, reputed to be one of the best spots in our town. It's actually owned by the son of one of my collectors and I have always wanted to dine there. A little bit pricey but the food was divine.

We don't do gifts for our anniversaries, but we do exchange mushy cards. Silly me had forgotten to make John a card. I remembered about 6am when I woke with a start, leaped out of bed and bolted down to the studio. My completed card was at John's place on the kitchen table by the time he woke up. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

But back to dinner. Shortly after being seated, we noticed a greeting card on the table. Our friends Marian, Bud & Claire had arranged to treat us with a bottle of wine! Within moments, our waiter approached. He sounded like Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther movies. I swear to God. At first I thought he was faking the accent, just trying to keep up some pretension, but the more he talked I realized it was for real. I could barely keep a straight face. Naturally, the moment he walked away, I launched into my poor imitation, "I would like a rheum......"

Too funny. It was a great night though. Good wine, yummy decadent food and the best company I could imagine.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you love birds....and the photo booth at the reception !!!! Now that's one I need to remember !!!!! SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:24 AM

    Now the Pink Panthere theme is streaming through my noggin.

    Happy Anniversary.

    btw, does your dog bite?

    hee hee!
    -Robin

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)