Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Charmed days

Yesterday I spent some time with my friend Pat Owoc. She is a fiber artist extraordinaire, I think I have talked about her work before. At any rate, I have never been to her house and was pleased to be able to see her studio - both the "clean" space where she sews and the dirty space where she dyes fabric. Very neat. It is all such a magical world to me as I know very little about fabric other than the fact I like it a lot.

Pat and I are collaborating on a piece for a Woman's Caucus show that will open early in April. We got together to discuss our ideas (neither of us had any, tee, hee) and it was fun just brainstorming together. We ended up with a kick butt idea that I will share later as I want to see how it all develops first.

Pat also shared some techniques with me, such as disperse dyeing using photos (b+w copies). Oh it just totally rocks and I am going to try some tomorrow then she is coming over on Friday to see my studio and we'll work on the piece some more.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how this collaboration develops... Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)