Wednesday, October 21, 2009

River rock mania



This is my recently decorated guest bathroom. I think I should be on HGTV with this one as I did the entire room for less than $250. First I painted our fugly vanity. I used Martha Stewart French Bulldog (Valspar from Lowe's) - just a divine black that is oh-so-pretty.....same one I used on our kitchen cabinets. The walls are a neutral mid range taupe. New faucet was the biggest expense and my 'splurge' was the Marimekko shower curtain. The rug (not shown) is a fun retro look - thick fake FUR!! In black of course. Bare feet required.

I painted the rocks yesterday. Inconveniently, our electricity went out so I was standing on a ladder while also holding a battery powered lantern - a site to behold. I mixed a variety of colors using the wall color, the black and white. It was all free form as I wanted the rocks to dance across the wall with no rhyme or reason. Lots of empty spots because I didn't want it to look like a pattern. Now we are ready for our guests!!

7 comments:

  1. Come do my guest bathroom. Please? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are going to town on the redecorating! I love the rocks. Where do you find the time?!?? And energy!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:07 PM

    very cool......what next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...maybe you should just be on HGTV :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure fun....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME. I should have called you...i won't even whisper what our current bath remodel is costing. however to say goodbye to all of that sea foam green tile was a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job...so when can I come stay? hee hee

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)