Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Abstracted Letter Forms

Here are some pieces that I made for Christmas gifts (if you are in my family, stop looking n-o-w) and also for commissions. They are paintings made up of abstracted versions of names, so each family gets one painting for every member of the family. I made some of these for my stepdaughter's family several years ago and they were a big hit. I've played around with the idea since then and added some texture. I think it is fun how the pieces become puzzles and the viewer has to search to figure it out.
I kinda like these names, especially love how they look all pushed together, in a quilt-like fashion.

12-8x8 Abstracted Letter form pieces

9 comments:

  1. These are just fantastic, totally unique! Love seeing what your creative mind comes up with. Your family are going to be so pleased with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad I am not in your family, because I would love to receive one of this beautiful paintings. These are super cool, and the colors are fantastic. Very calming and earthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:50 AM

    LOVE these Marybeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MB, these are fabulous! I really like the colors and textures, the letters draw you in...it's like playing boggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are great! What lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamberlyn2:53 PM

    I LOVE these colors! I have often thought about having you do our family, but I think my name would end up looking like garble-de-goop! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the letter play and the colors are so cozy ! Very cool !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! And the color and textures are awesome! I can see why they were a big hit!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cool ~ how special & creative a gift! And I like them all together like that too!

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)